Wednesday 25 June 2014

DIY Honey Lip Scrub

I have been using this DIY honey, olive oil sugar lip scrub once every 1-2 months. Usually more often during the winter months because of the horrible and dry winter weather in Toronto. This scrub is super easy to make and it is a great way to get nice soft lips with ingredients from your kitchen. Also, if you made extra, you can always use it for your hands or feet. The only negative thing about this scrub is, it smells really sweet and I am always tempted to lick my lips when I do this.


Ingredients:

  • 1 Empty (and clean) small jar
  • 1 Toothpick for mixing
  • 1 Tablespoon of white sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon of honey
  • 1 Teaspoon of olive oil


Directions: 

  1. Warm up the honey a little (don't make it hot)
  2. Add white sugar into the small empty jar
  3. Add the the honey and olive oil to the sugar slowly and mix it together until it is the texture you desire.


Note: After mixing all the ingredients, you can use it right away, or you can leave it in the jar for a hour for the sugar to dissolve a little. I usually prefer the later. I apply it on my dry lips with my fingers and wash it off with water and apply lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment